A day at Little Guilin and Gillman Barracks

by - Friday, December 09, 2016

Hey sweeties!! As mentioned on my recent Instagram post, I'll be sharing with you guys these super Instagram worthy yet quite underrated places!!!

If you guys have this mentality that Singapore is too small for you to appreciate rural nature beauties, well this post is gonna prove you wrong! Pretty sure most of you have been to popular places like Coney Island, Henderson Waves, many museums and all for photo shoots, now I have more to add to the list!!

Presenting to you..... Little Guilin, better known by her Chinese name, 小桂林. 




Pretty right!! When I went there yesterday, I thought I was back to Xiamen during my CO trip last year!!! Omg I can guarantee you if you went there, you'll fall in love at first sight. And YES this is totally free, plus it's in Singapore!!!! (Cheers to those who did not plan any overseas trip this holiday... aka me..) 




Just located right opposite Bukit Gombak MRT station, it's super quiet here so it's like a place just for you.. WHAT? except yesterday when we went there there were a few elderlies exercising here and there but they're super friendly all so they made the sight super relaxing!! 

Even though this beauty has like only one view, quite small but HEY have you seen anything like that here in Singapore LOL I personally think is worth the trip :-) 






 

Don't think there's only this view though, before you reach this place, you will pass by an abandoned stadium (not very sure if it's abandoned but it looked very quiet with only 1 or 2 people running at the track.. 

 


 


Me giving this place 2 thumbs up!!!

Also at the entrance, you can take some step pics hoho not even ashamed to say about this HAHAHAHAHA!! there are stones and if you got the right angle, the photos should be alright keke ;) 

 



sorry uh being aunty carrying the tote bag.. should have left it aside HAHAHA

okay that's the end of Little Guilin. Definitely a recommend!!!! This is a must go place in Singapore ok!!! 

Next, we visited Gillman Barracks, a walking distance from Labrador Park MRT station.


This place is a masterpiece, literally. White aesthetic pleasing buildings with vintage feels, and guess what, inside each block is a museum!!!!! There's like 30+ blocks here, is it there's 30+ museums just in one land??? okay I'm not too sure because I never went in one by one... But my favourite is the first one that I went in, sorry I didn't note down the specific name of each place heh.

Aiya stop all the talking because a picture speaks a thousand words right? 

 

This one!!!! There's like 2 long sofas facing a screen, SUPER RELAXING!!!!!! I love this room the most, I almost dozed off lol after a long day of walking at Guilin!! gosh. This place is legit super shiok. Next time if I ever need alone time I'll probably just stay here haha. 

 



 

The whole place is damn clean, curtain also so nice ??!? Also, the same room has this platform with black pillows where you an again sit together and enjoy some screen time. whew, I guess next time I also come here do work, super productive ;) 


Along the road, there's also many cafes to suit your taste buds. Creamier, The Naked Finn, zzz but all not for me YET cos I budget AF. HAHA. 

 

 

Super antique right?! And look at the doodles omg who's the talented artist??!? 

 




 

Look at this wall wtf it looks like water reflection right???!!?!? BUT ITS JUST A WALL!!!! this illusion is damn omg omg okay I have no comments .. mindblown.

 

 

Haha got ice lemon tea to save the day because I didn't bring any water out ): 

 

 

 

Woah a lot of photos hor?? Oops 

That's all for the whole trip on 7th December!! It's very fun keke except for the sun gosh there's no winter in Singapore ): Huge shoutout to my bestie Ruth for accompanying me and spend lots of quality time together ;) 

 

btw the Christmas edition some green tea flavour I forgot the name zz this is damn nice!!!! even my mum who don't really like Starbucks also say nice so... GO TRY!! 

that's all for the post heh spent a few hours writing this ;) see ya 

love, 
yuyi 

You May Also Like

0 comments